Utility companies require a comprehensive set of information management tools to handle such core business activities as engineering design, operations and maintenance and customer relations. GIS supports each of these key business areas in a distinct way; however, organizations gain the most return on their investment when these individual areas are integrated in a complementary way.
Forte Consulting Ltd. has worked extensively with utility companies to optimize their use of GIS to derive business value throughout the organization. Some of our main areas of focus within the utility sector to date have been:
- Fibre and RF Broadband Cable
- Electrical Transmission and Distribution
- Water and Sewer
- Utility related land tenures such as leases, rights of way and easements
- Integration of GIS with Asset Management and Work Order systems (e.g. Hansen, CityWorks, EnerGov)
In addition to our domain knowledge in the above areas, Forte Consulting Ltd. also possesses the technical abilities to implement these solutions for utilities via a broad range of existing and emerging mobile platforms and devices to ensure field staff benefit fully from their investment.
Our team has developed solutions for the following utility sector clients:
- Comcast Cable
- BC Hydro
- ATCO Electric
- Numerous municipalities in British Columbia and Alberta
- Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commission